Musicnizer being dumb when auto-adding lots of music

Your experience with Musicnizer, questions, remarks.
jonstatt
Passerby

Musicnizer being dumb when auto-adding lots of music

Post by jonstatt » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:38 am

I am adding a library of about 2500 FLAC files (about 200 albums).

I am using the "add by file/folder" option. It scans all the files and says it is reviewing the tags. It then gives me a nice list of all the albums with the correct artist and album title. I then tick the box to download information from the Internet and click next.

This is where it goes hopelessly wrong. It is asking me to intervene for EVERY album, choosing from a list of albums. In some instances other than the number of tracks I cannot tell the difference between them, but much worse is that most of the options are not even the same artist. The ID Tags are fine and clearly have the artist and title correctly formed.

Here is a screenshot of what it shows for a Mylo album...notice how the first item isn't even Mylo!

Then here is a screenshot of one of the music files ID tag information showing that there is nothing wrong with the embedded information

I can't sit there selecting for every one of the albums. Why is not automating the additions as it should?

Vlad
Developer

Re: Musicnizer being dumb when auto-adding lots of music

Post by Vlad » Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:43 pm

You can find out more about how downloading information for albums works in this article.
ImageImage

jonstatt
Passerby

Post by jonstatt » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:16 am

Thanks Vlad, That does help.

But.....
Surely this can be made more intelligent? In my screenshot example, the ID tags for the track show that the artist is Mylo so why is the first option in the list of choices "Big In Japan". It seems it is going from album title only and not artist. If you used both information you could reduce the options and the "choose first in list" would be right more of the time?

Vlad
Developer

Post by Vlad » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:21 pm

jonstatt wrote: Surely this can be made more intelligent? In my screenshot example, the ID tags for the track show that the artist is Mylo so why is the first option in the list of choices "Big In Japan". It seems it is going from album title only and not artist. If you used both information you could reduce the options and the "choose first in list" would be right more of the time?
We are considering this right now, so we may add the feature to improve downloading information for this situation.
ImageImage

jonstatt
Passerby

Post by jonstatt » Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:09 pm

Thank you Vlad...I am very happy to hear you are considering it. I am also thinking you can determine the number of tracks from the ID tags and match that to the online options too. For example often I see the same Artist/Album and the only difference is the number of tracks because perhaps the UK release has 12 tracks, but US release has 14 (e.g. bonus tracks). So I am not sure if you could match that aspect too. But at least the Artist/Album combination would be a massive improvement.

Thanks again :)

estate
Star

Post by estate » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:16 pm

Not only this but also for instance the 25 years popmuxic album series, musicnizer only finds about 7 albumd where there should be more then 20 for various years

So the searches are very incomplete, how can that be ?